What personal information do we collect and use?
The types of personal information we may collect about you in our daily operation of our Sites typically fall into the following categories:
1. Personal information that you provide by filling in details or data forms on our Site(s) when you are using or accessing the Cloud Services including when you register or sign on for access to the Cloud Services.
2. Details of your visits to our website for the purposes of us providing our Cloud Services and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, network data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
3. Personal information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason in relation to your use of our Cloud Services.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
Information required to access our cloud service
Information acquired when you use our Cloud Services
Additionally, we gather information passively as a result of your use of the Cloud Services including location-based data, usage data, device data, referral data, and information from page tags as set forth in more detail below.
• Tracking and Location Based Information
To provide our tracking and location based services, we often share precise location data including the real time geographic location of your equipment’s tracking device. We may utilise GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP address along with satellite and cellular locations to determine the mobile devices’ approximate location. We obtain both approximate location data (network based) and precise location (GPS and network based).
• Usage Data
We may collect usage data whenever you interact with any of our Sites including the webpages you visit, what you click on, your location, and when you performed certain actions. Additionally, the various Sites keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses, internet service providers, the files viewed, operating system versions, and timestamps.
• Device Data
We collect data from the device and application you use such as your IP address, operating system version, device type, system and performance information, and browser type.
Consent to mobile applications to read phone status and identity
By logging onto our mobile applications, you are allowing us access to your phone’s state, including the phone number of the device, and current cellular network information. We use this information in order to tie a device's access to your account to a specific API key, to prevent you from having to re-authenticate. Your API key has a separate secret access code which must be presented to validate you as a user. We track the device type, OS version, UUID (specific to the device), client's API version, and first/last access time. We do not share this information with any other parties. We do not track phone calls, whether the phone is currently on a call, other applications running, or any similar information.
Consent to your employer's access to your information
You acknowledge that the account under which you access the Cloud Services may be a corporate account of your employer and that, if so, your employer and their administrators shall have full access to all your information collected hereunder. By logging onto any Site, you are giving consent to this sharing of your information with your employer and to such persons as they may grant access or direct.
How do we use your information
We use information that we collect to fulfil your requests and to assist with any questions you have about you use of our Cloud Service offerings and to help us maintain the safety and security of our users and the Cloud Services we provide. We do not sell your data. We may, however, from time to time use and share your personal or account information with our service providers where such service providers are used in and help us to provide the Cloud Services to you (such as payment processors, contract manufacturers, and IT and administrative consultants) and only to the limited degree necessary as follows:
• To provide the Cloud Services to the Account Owner (generally your employer) and you and to improve the quality of the Sites and Cloud Services;
• To provide information to the Account Owner and you so that you may use the Site and Cloud Services more effectively;
• To create, manage and control your account information, and to verify access rights to services and software so as to prevent potentially illegal activities;
• To bill the account;
• To respond to legal requests, where authorised by the Account Owner or otherwise required by law;
• To communicate with the Account Owner and you for the purpose of informing you of changes or additions to the Cloud Services, or of the availability of any service we provide;
• To enhance security of the data submitted or the integrity of the Site;
• To audit and/or improve our Cloud Services;
• To respond to requests for customer service and support; and
• To protect the rights, property or personal safety of you, us, the Account Owner, our users and the public; and as required or authorised by law.
Sharing of your information
How long do we retain your personal information
The retention period for information that we collect about you depends on the type of information, as described below. After the retention period has expired, we will either delete or anonymise your information or, if this is not possible (for example, because the information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
• We retain your account information for as long as your account is active, and a reasonable period thereafter for re-use when you decide to reactivate the Cloud Services. We also retain your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, and to develop and improve our services.
• If the Cloud Services are made available to you through your organisation (e.g., your employer), we retain information as long as required by your employer under our agreement with your employer as required by your nominated Account Owner. If your account is deactivated, your information, communications, and actions you may have taken regarding the Cloud Services will remain in order to allow your organisation to make full use of the Cloud Services before it is deleted or anonymised.
We may also use your personal information to generate Aggregated Data for internal use and for sharing with others on a selective basis. “Aggregated Data” means records which have been stripped of information potentially identifying customers, landing pages or end- users, and which have been manipulated or combined to provide generalised, anonymous information. Your identity and personal information will be kept anonymous in Aggregated Data.
Cookies and log files
We will strive to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information, however, no data transmission over the Internet, by wireless device or over the air is guaranteed to be 100% secure. We will use industry standard technical and organisational security measures in connection with the storage, processing, and transfer of your information that are designed to protect the integrity of the information and to guard against unauthorised or unlawful access to, use of, or processing of such information.
We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. If you forget your password, we will send a reset link to the email address of record.
• You must provide accurate information when you create your account;
• You must safeguard your password and all activities that occur under your access codes;
• You must never use another’s account inappropriately and without permission;
• You may not disassemble, decompile, or reverse engineer the Cloud Services or part thereof, or attempt or assist anyone else to do so; and
• You must follow the policies of your employer and under whose account you are entitled to utilise the Cloud Services and you must abide by the contractual agreement between your employer and Uniguard.
How can you access or correct your personal information
To ensure that we are able to provide you with the Cloud Services in the best possible manner, it’s important that you make sure the personal information we hold about you is accurate, up-to-date and complete. If any of your details change, you may contact us using the contact details below so that we can consider and respond to your request. You also have the right to request a copy of your personal information that we hold about you and you have the right to access and edit or correct your information at any time. There is no charge to submit a request to see, edit or to correct information, however we may apply an administrative charge for providing access to your personal information on request. To make this request email us at
How can you make a privacy complaint
You can also use our contact details to notify us of any privacy complaint you have against us. We are committed to acknowledging your complaint in a prompt manner and will give you an estimated timeframe for when we will respond to your complaint.
While we hope that we will be able to resolve any complaints you may have without needing to involve third parties, you may also be able to lodge a complaint with a relevant regulator such as the Australian Information Commissioner.
How can you contact us